Savvoula Nikolou: €100.00
Arta of Byzantine Monuments and Wetlands Takes Steps to Tap into Tourism - 12/11/2018
The journey begins! - 08/11/2018
Ancient Theatres of Epirus Cultural Route- a qualitative leap from technical project to a project for life - 02/11/2018
The impressive dynamics of the “Cultural route of the ancient theaters of Epirus” project - 18/09/2018
New friends for the Cultural Route of Epirus - 31/07/2018
Through the program “Cultural Routes in the Ancient Theaters of Epirus”, the project “Works for the promotion and formation of the archaeological site of the Small Theater of Ancient Amvrakia”, with a budget of 749,400 Euros, was included in the N.S.R.F. 2014-2020 Business Program “Epirus 2014-2020”.
• For the complete revelation and protection of the monument it is necessary to complete the excavation works and to perform the small-scale fixation interventions which are required.
• For the implementation of the above mentioned works, the designation of the theater was included in the N.S.R.F with funding of 2,000,000.00 €. The smaller scale project belonging to the larger project “Enhancement – unification of the archaeological sites of ancient Amvrakia in the city of Arta, Municipality of Artaion: western necropolis, temple of Apollo and small theater” was implemented.
• Depending on the extent and form of the antiquities that are revealed, a small pedestrian bridge above the ancient theater is intended to be built, which will provide visual contact with the ancient theater and simultaneously lead us to a nice archaeological walk through to the rest of the monuments of ancient Amvrakia. This will create an archaeological site organically integrated into the life of the modern city.
• During the excavation works a ceramic furnace of the Byzantine period was discovered, which was created very close to the seats of the ancient theater. Next to the ancient theater the sewerage network of the ancient city was revealed.
• Through the program “Cultural Routes in the Ancient Theaters of Epirus”, the project “Works for the promotion and formation of the archaeological site of the Small Theater of Ancient Amvrakia”, with a budget of 749,400 Euros, was included in the N.S.R.F. 2014-2020 Business Program “Epirus 2014-2020”.